Freedomes helps rescue the Amazon Rainforest
For the second time this year, Freedomes teamed up with the RPM Agency, and along with Sky Rainforest Rescue, the WWF, and the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, brought a rainforest experience in a dome!
The dome provides an insight into the amazing Amazon Rainforest eco-system, representing the atmosphere of the Amazon with green surroundings, plants and sounds of the rainforest, whereas the bright and colourful panels explain the importance of the rainforest and the threats that it is facing.
Thanks to its unique shape and design, the geodesic dome gives the largest volume with the lowest use of materials, and is considered to be the most ecological structure designed by man.
The dome is open daily until Sunday 8 September, free to all ages, with lots of activities that are fun for kids.
Visit the Rainforest Dome in Edinburgh and discover what everyday items rainforests provide!
• Come and watch a variety of inspiring rainforest programmes
• Have your photo taken within our amazing rainforest experience
• Write your own rainforest pledge
• Handle and feel real Amazonian rubber
• Find out what the Sky Rainforest Rescue campaign is doing to help protect 1 billion trees in the Amazon